Sunday, February 17, 2019

Tasting - "Levert Frères Crémant de Bourgogne Brut"

Tasting - "Levert Frères Crémant de Bourgogne Brut"


  • Name: Levert Frères Crémant de Bourgogne Brut
  • Variety: Crémant de Bourgogne Brut
  • Region: the Côte Chalonnaise region of Burgundy
  • Country: France
  • Year: Non-vintage
  • Price: $18

  • Wine Critic Review: "Medium plus intensity aromatics. Lots of fresh citrus with some subtle toastiness underneath. It smells like a freshly baked lemon roll with a glazed puff pastry. Underneath there is a white floral component that adds complexity." (https://spitbucket.net/2017/12/09/60-second-wine-reviews-levert-freres-cremant-bourgogne/)
  • My Review: I did not really care for this sparkling wine. It was quite dry in a way that wasn't pleasant to my palate. It also tasted slightly yeasty. I did detect some notes of crisp green apple.
  • I drank this wine after I ate a chocolate chip cookie. This sweet dessert may have made the wine taste drier and more bitter than it really was. They definitely didn't pair well.

No comments:

Post a Comment