Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tasting - "Dellatorri Pino Grigio"

Tasting - "Dellatorri Pinot Grigio" 



  • Name: Dellatorri
  • Variety: Pinot Grigio 
  • Region: Delle Venezie 
  • Country: Italy 
  • Year: 2017 
  • Price: $12 

  • Wine Critic Review: "That extra year in the bottle seems to have dulled the wine's natural freshness leaving a musky, hummus-like element that is uncharacteristic of Pinot Grigio." -Wine Enthusiast (https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/dellatorri-2003-pinot-grigio-gris-grigio-delle-venezie)
  • My Review: The wine had a sweet crisp aroma that reminded me slightly of apples. The wine had a sharp, tart flavor when it first hit the palate. Upon several tastings, I could not really tease out very many complex flavors. It really did not taste sweet at all. It tasted quite dry and vinegary. I did not really care for it.
  • I did not have the wine with any food, but I had recently eaten ice cream about an hour before drinking it. This may have made this drier wine taste less appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment